Friends of Aviara Maintaining Excellence in education (FAME) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization established in 2002 by parents and administrators concerned with the reduced funding available from local, state and federal government sources.
We have created an educational foundation specifically targeted to creating the endowment fund for Aviara Oaks Middle and Elementary schools. We partner with the PTSA & PTA, ASB, school administrators and civic leaders to strategically fund Technology, Arts & Sciences and Resources accessible to every student that is not covered by State and Federal Funding.
FAME’s endowment fund has grown to over $100,000 and was put in place to ensure future populations of students will also have the tools & resources they need to succeed.
It is the intent of this Foundation to provide the financial support to our schools for long-term improvements in technology, academics, science, the arts, and school facilities impacting the largest number or kids versus just a few. Doing so will fully prepare our students to become, ultimately, responsible, active, and contributing members of our community.
In addition to planning for future student populations, FAME has already contributed over $450,000 directly benefiting current students such as:
- A Mobile iPad LabTechnology
- Training of Promethean Boards
- Daily broadcasting telecasts
- 3 state of the art Computer Labs
- Computer on Wheels mobile computer lab (COW’s)
- Classroom student and teacher computers
- Smart and Promethean Boards-interactive instructional systems
- Active Expressions-interactive student/classroom system
- Projectors and Flex Cameras
- Playground infrastructure and Equipment
- Email Blasts & School Websites
We look to our parent and corporate community to continue to support our efforts to provide the highest level of education for our two California Distinguished Schools, Aviara Oaks Elementary and Aviara Oaks Middle School.